Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A new picture blog...blog.

I have fast internet again! let's celebrate with some pictures!

try to contain your excitement...
This is a Marimba. It's name is "Popti" which is the Mayan Language spoken where I live and, to answer your (no-doubt) lingering question, YES the acoustics in the room adjacent to mine are EXCELLENT.


2pm on a Tuesday...

The beginning of the photo shoot we wanted to go for a classic pose... 

We wanted to get some close-ups to showcase bunny's versatility. The camera loves her.

and finally, an up-do for that formal night out on the town.
I'm just saying...the teacher strike was 2 months long...


My friends sent me a package, this was one of the cards in it. you guys get me...

This is the starting picture of the project that i translated for. We installed a system to purify water with ozone and filters to then be bottled by the school.
  

The finished product. The water comes in through the left hand lower pipe and then passes through the filters and the ozonater which pulls air through these light-bulb like things, charging the air and then injecting it into the water to give it that fantastic spring-rain smell, then it is pushed into a tank outside where it hangs out until someone wants to bottle the water when it is circulated back through the pipes one last time and then goes to the faucet on the other side of the room, where the bottle station is. pretty neat actually.

Claire brought a mini polaroid camera...and we had lots of fun with it.

Just three Oregon gals lathering up with some SPF...conditioned to fear the sun and it's harmful rays. Me, Alicia and Mari.


A pretty sunset from our patio. Happy Thankgiving!

Mari and my Christmas dish. Chicken rolls with tomato, red bell pepper, cheese, spinach and cilantro. Taken in front of my christmas tree for obvious reasons...
an aerial view of our incredible meal. brown rice, chicken rolls, salad and red wine. we did good things.

my landlord's christmas tree kind of killed mine...yes that is a nativity scene at the foot of the tree.

I came home and they had put this adorable little wreath on my door.
and finally my christmas packages arrived from bri!
and KP! I have the best friends in the world!
So that's what's been going on... you know...for me... in Guatemala.

I'll probably have another post up soon to tell of the awesome that was christmas and new years but for now, I love you all.

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE



1 comment:

  1. I <3 that my card made the blog!!! THE COUNT DOWN HAS BEGUN! HURRY HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete