Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

from PDX to Washington DC!

After not knowing when and where i was going to be going for so long it seems surreal to finally be on my way! It's my first time in the Capital and I have to say that it's pretty cool here; already I've experienced more diversity here just popping into coffee shops than i have in my whole life in Lake Oswego and on the UofO campus combined (not surprising i know). I stood outside the White House in the freezing cold to wave to the Obamas (i'm sure they totally saw me and waved back from inside) and I met my fellow Peace Corps Volunteers. The other volunteers seem really nice and down-to-earth; i'm excited to be a part of such a great group of people. We check out of the hotel tomorrow morning (3:30 in the morning!) and are off to the airport to catch our flight out of the states! I am both psyched and nervous to start my life in Central America and i will miss you special people in my life very much while i'm gone. To those of you who i do not get a chance to call before i leave I am sorry and thank you so much for wishing me well and supporting me on this adventure!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the layers you were able to put on! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you gave an extra wave to the Obamas for me!! I miss you mucho!! Hoping you'll write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristin!!
    David and I are here at his place, (my computer is being worked on) and are seeing your blog for the first time! You are there in Guatemala City now I assume, and hope you are enjoying every detail of everything! So great to have had a visit with you recently, just before your big adventure. Know that I think of you often and am always wishing you the best! Loads of love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete